The Construction Manager is a full-time salaried position located in Grapevine, Texas. This position reports to the Regional Development Director.
The construction manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities pertaining to the scheduling, costs, construction, and delivery of educational facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the successful delivery of multiple educational facility projects.
- Evaluates specifications for building plans, early start and substantial completion dates as well as requirements for each phase of the construction project.
- Inspects each construction site on a regular basis to ensure the work conforms to specifications, budget and schedule.
- Is an integral part of, and regularly communicates with, the specific project development teams to include the general contractor, architect, civil engineer and educational partner.
- Assists the regional development director with pre-development processes including overseeing environmental and soil reports along with obtaining all necessary permits and establishing project budgets.
- Ensures that pre-development, entitlement, and utilities are approved and finalized.
- Ensures that all required insurance certificates and statutory worker’s compensation are in place prior to commencing work.
- Ensures that each project is delivered in a timely, cost effective, and quality manner.
- Reviews and approves all invoices pertaining to each project and submits all approved bills to the accounting department for processing and payment.
- Three to five years of related experience or a combination of education and experience
- Experience on projects costing no less than $5 million.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or project management preferred but not required.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- Proficient in scheduling all components of the work.
- Able to admit mistakes and learn from them.
- Sees problems as opportunities to innovate and find creative solutions.
- Seeks advice and or help in solving problems.