The IT Specialist is a full-time, salaried position located in Boise, ID. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
The IT specialist will assist and work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The IT specialist will also assist with defining and implementing IT policies, procedures and best practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies and procures the hardware and software needed to satisfy user requirements.
- Installs hardware and peripheral components such as monitors, keyboards, printers and disk drives on users’ premises.
- Loads appropriate software packages such as operating systems, networking components and office applications.
- Provides telephone, in-person and online support to end-users.
- Connects users to networks and provides initial training in facilities and applications.
- Administers e-mail and anti-virus systems.
- Assists in research and procurement of computer accessories and supplies.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware, software, peripherals and Office Automation equipment.
- Assist with management of financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
- Administer all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provision.
- Negotiate and administer vendor, outsourcer and consultant contracts and service agreements
- Practice asset management for IT hardware, software and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
2 years of relevant experience with the following:
- Office 365 Administration Experience or MCSA/MCSE
- SharePoint Administration Experience or MCSE
- Windows Server Administration or MCSA/MCSE
- Windows Desktop Support or MCSA/MCSE
- Meraki Network Platform Preferred
- Cisco Security / Routing and Switching or CCNA Preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Must demonstrate a high level of customer service, attention to detail, and organizational and problem-solving ability.
- Highly analytical thinking skills required.
- Must possess exceptional verbal and written customer service skills.