Learn more about our team at Athlos Academies.
Don’t see a position you’re looking for? We still want to hear from you!
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recruitment and Communications Specialist
The Recruitment and Communications Specialist serves as the primary community relations contact for schools contracting with Athlos Academies. The Recruitment and Communications Specialist develops and implements plans to help schools grow enrollment, as well as supports schools with communication and marketing needs. This position reports to the Chief of Operations and Growth and coordinates closely with the graphic design and social media team.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Develop and implement strategic marketing and communication plans for schools
- Create, manage, and analyze paid digital advertising campaigns
- Coordinate events and community relations efforts to be carried out by school teams
- Work closely with partner schools to offer training, support, and motivation in recruitment efforts
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on the effectiveness of various recruitment activities and events
- Coordinate internal and external communication, including media relations and marketing materials
- Coordinate with the graphic design team in the development of print and web-based materials
- Promote organization brand nationally and in targeted regions
- Present information to a variety of stakeholders ranging from parents to school board members, both in person and virtually
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Skills
- 3-5 years of experience in a public relations or communications field
- Experience in an education setting strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or a related field
- Strong work ethic
- Creative problem solver
- Proven experience in digital marketing and data analysis
- Strong written communication and editing skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Ability to motivate others
- Adept at project management and organizing
Principal of Lower School- Athlos Academy of Jefferson Parish
- Models the Athlos culture.
- Participates in and provides professional development.
- In collaboration with the leadership team designs and executes a successful model of professional development
- Communicates with parent/guardians and the community professionally.
- Provides leadership and support on adopting research-proven, standards-based, student-centered instructional practices.
- Leads and coaches lower school teachers in creating coherency in instructional practices and routines within the school that model a growth mindset.
- Assists teachers in effectively gathering and using relevant student data to improve instruction
- Ensures that teachers are implementing special education services in accordance with federal and state law
- Develops student achievement goals
- Supports the implementation of the Athlos Behavior Management philosophy that utilizes aspects of PBIS and restorative practices
- Serves as a student discipline officer, counsels students regarding school behavioral issues, communicates with parents and processes suspension cases.
- Work with the school Social Worker to oversee programs/efforts such as performance character curriculum, anti-bullying and student mediation.
- Guides implementation and execution of teaching strategies and school-wide structures in the Lower School program in accordance with the Athlos model
- Collaborates with the leadership team to establish a culture of excellence that values the individual and embraces the group
- Oversees school operations to ensure efficiency
- Serves as a member of the Crisis Management Team
- Maintains open communication with teachers, parents, and outside agencies.
- Adheres to and effectively manages approved school budget
- Manages operations, finance, human resources, and office manager
- Collaborates with Principal of Upper School to ensure a cohesive education model in alignment with school mission and charter
- Assists with additional duties connected to school leadership while developing a strong school climate.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Education: Master’s Degree in Education Administration or related field.
- Certification Required: Principal Certificate and/or Education Administrator License.
- Minimum of 3 years of successful teaching and/or school leadership experience in a multi-cultural/diverse setting.
- Experience: Leadership or teaching experience in a Middle School setting
- Startup charter school experience preferred.
What is it like to work here?
Athlos Academies is a work-hard, play-hard kind of organization.
Hear it from #TeamAthlos
Here’s what our team members enjoy about working at Athlos Academies…