Learn more about our team at Athlos Academies.
Don’t see a position you’re looking for? We still want to hear from you!
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Tutor - Athlos Academy of Jefferson Parish
- Part Time
- Virtual (United States)
- Conduct virtual tutoring sessions of up to 10 students in grades K-8
- Plan, prepare, and deliver standards-based, student-centered curriculum review that engages all students and provides academic growth (following the mission, beliefs and strategies of Athlos Academies Three Pillars of Performance)
- Ensure student growth and achievement in accordance with grade level expectations
- Assist students with homework, projects, test preparation, research, and other academic tasks.
- Differentiate instruction as needed to meet the academic, social, and emotional needs of all students
- Model the Athlos culture by exemplifying the Three Pillars: Prepared Mind, Healthy Body, and Performance Character (demonstrating 12 character traits, exemplifying a growth mindset and modeling a healthy lifestyle)
- Work collaboratively with tutoring coordinator and communicate professionally to maximize effective instructional activities and build positive school culture
- Meet professional obligations by honoring schedules, deadlines, and all professional responsibilities
- Demonstrate the standards for effective practices of teachers
- Provide students positive and constructive feedback
- Offer feedback on progress to students’ parents and teachers where appropriate
- $20 per hour
- Tutoring Coordinator
- Mid December
- Tutoring will begin January 4, 2021, and will run through April 1, 2021. Tutoring will take place 3 days a week for 4 hours in the afternoon and evening. Days of the week to be determined
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience: Teaching experience preferred, but not required
- Certification: Must hold current K-12 teaching license or certification
- Experience using Zoom, i-Ready, Study Island, Clever, Let’s Go Learn, and Canvas strongly preferred
Characteristics of the Successful Candidate:
- Lifelong learner
- Believes every student matters
- Driven by actions and outcomes
- Makes decisions based on data
- Growth mindset
- Reflective practitioner
- Creative problem solver
- Willing to take risks
- Highly organized
- Effective at time management
- Seeks out professional learning
- Willing to continue to learn and try new strategies/protocols
- Willing to plan and work collaboratively with a team
- Able to build relationships with students from a variety of backgrounds
- Good communicator and active listener
What is it like to work here?
Athlos Academies is a work-hard, play-hard kind of organization.
Hear it from #TeamAthlos
Here’s what our team members enjoy about working at Athlos Academies…