Learn more about our team at Athlos Academies.
Don’t see a position you’re looking for? We still want to hear from you!
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Senior School Finance Manager
Senior School Finance Manager
- Full Time
- Senior Manager/Supervisor
Position Overview: The Senior School Finance Manager will oversee the financial aspects of Athlos Academies as well as act in the leadership coordination capacity of a project manager. The Senior School Finance Manager will participate in data gathering and analysis, cash flow monitoring and reporting, and tax compliance to successfully meet internal and external project deadlines. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Oversees revenue and expenses, cash flow, long-term investments, and reporting
• Demonstrates financial due diligence and applies accounting procedures
• Gathers and analyzes data from multiple sources
• Demonstrates ability to prepare cost-benefit analyses for projects
• Identifies areas and ways in which cash flow and revenue can be improved
• Balances long and short-term financial goals to ensure optimal budgeting and financial management
• Produces and ensures quality of monthly financials presented in board finance committees and board meetings
• Presides over and reviews/approves all payables and payroll, including periodic internal audits over benefits and other deductions
• Assists with budget development, adjustments/revisions, and monitoring
• Ensures all federal, state and tax reporting are submitted timely (monthly, quarterly, annually)
• Monitors work and contributions of onsite staff (Business Clerk/Bookkeeper)
• Ensures all finance/accounting internal controls, processes and procedures are adhered to, and recommend changes as necessary
• Ensures accounting transactions are recorded correctly and coded appropriately
• Works with independent auditors to complete annual audits in accordance with GAAP/GASB
• Works with state/federal regulatory organizations and other entities during the course of regular business
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related required, higher education preferred
• Master’s degree and/or CPA a plus
• 3-5 years of project management/procurement experience
• Experience in an education setting strongly preferred
• Demonstrates willingness and ability to work with other departments
• Possesses and employs strong verbal and written communication skills
• Seeks to enhance overall efficiency and company performance
• Effectively motivates fellow staff members in completing projects in line with internal and external deadlines
• Demonstrates strong prioritization skills
• Takes a proactive approach to projects and motivates peers to do the same
• Other duties as required
What is it like to work here?
Athlos Academies is a work-hard, play-hard kind of organization.
Hear it from #TeamAthlos
Here’s what our team members enjoy about working at Athlos Academies…